This privacy statement is provided by Vax Limited (referred to as ‘Vax’ in these terms) for the information of visitors (‘you’ or ‘your’) to its vax.co.uk website. Vax Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This privacy statement explains how Vax uses the information collected about you and how you can instruct Vax if you prefer to limit the use of that information. In these terms, ‘third parties’ means persons, firms or companies that are not subsidiary or associated or joint venture companies of Vax Limited.
By placing an order on this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
WHO WE ARE
Registered Office address:
Vax Limited, Quillgold House, Kingswood Road, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich, Worcestershire WR9 0QH
INFORMATION GATHERED BY VAX
- When you order products or services on www.vax.co.uk, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, address and credit or debit card information. Vax may also collect information about you from emails or letters that you send to Vax or from telephone calls with you.
- The information that you provide enables Vax to supply you with further information about Vax’s company, products, services and any future competitions. It also helps Vax to contact you if you have requested further information or logged an enquiry.
- Vax may on occasion, collect additional personal information from any competitions that you may enter through the website.
- Vax may also use collected information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage and its services and it may also provide such information to third parties. You cannot be personally identified by this information. See section on cookies.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
- Vax has notified the Data Protection Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 that the information may be obtained about individuals
- Cookies are small amounts of information that we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details, Vax’s system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow Vax to monitor website traffic and to personalise site content for you. A cookie will not allow a website operator to obtain information of a personal nature that will identify you to us, such as your name and address. Vax will only be aware of such information if you provide the information, or if you have set the preferences in your browser to provide this information automatically. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on the Vax site. You can withdraw you consent to the use of the cookie at any time. To see definitions of Vax cookies please click here.
DISTRIBUTION OF DATA
- Any information that is gathered from visitors to our website is used by us and possibly third parties unless you send us an email as mentioned in paragraph 12.
- If our business or any part of the business is sold or integrated with another business your data and information may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchasers and their advisors and may be passed on to the new owners of the business or relevant part of the business who may use such data and information for the various purposes given in this privacy statement
- By visiting vax.co.uk, you consent to the use of your information as set out in this privacy statement. Vax may change its privacy statement at any time. If Vax changes its privacy statement, it will post the changes on this website, so that you may be aware of the information it collects and how Vax uses it at all times. Vax will also contact you should it make any changes so that you may have the opportunity to object to the changes so far as they relate to your data and information.
- Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, there is a possibility that your information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your information to us you consent to these transfers.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Your information will enable Vax to supply the goods you have requested. It will also enable Vax to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. Vax will also use and analyse the information collected to administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- Vax will not be held liable for any breach of security not caused by Vax’s negligence which results in loss to the consumer.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING
- You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask Vax to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to Vax at the address in paragraph 1. Vax is entitled by law to charge a fee to meet its costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- The information you provide to Vax will be held on its computers in the UK and accessed by or given to its staff working within the UK. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on its behalf. Vax will only disclose this information to third parties for the purposes of validating your credit card.
- Unless required to do so by law, Vax will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to Vax without your consent.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- If you request Vax to remove your personal information from its databases or you wish Vax to amend or change the information held about you on its database, Vax will remove or amend any such information on your request. Such requests should be made by email to email@example.com or by letter to the address in paragraph 1.
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
- Vax employs security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Vax will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, how Vax runs its website or your dealings with Vax, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The terms of this privacy statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.